The Best Personal Development Books Reading List
Everyone can easily find an endless selection of books on the Internet, of very different quality and utility. My reader does not need this meaningless collection of titles, which will throw them from one edge to another.
The list of books on self-development, on personality development, is a perfect solution, since there is nothing more important than one’s own “I am”.
It took quite a while to create such a list. These amazing 10 books would undoubtedly be useful to everyone.
Top 10 Books to Ger Motivation and Reveal Your Real Abilities
- “The Greatest Salesman in the World” by Og Mandino
- “How To Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie
- “Getting Things Done” (GTD) by David Allen
- “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Richards Covey
- “Think and Grow Rich” Napoleon Hill
- “Screw It Lets Do It” by Richard Branson
- “Black Rhetoric” by Carsten Bredemeier
- “Everything is negotiable: How to get the Best Deal Everytime” by Kennedy Gavin
- “Captivology: The Science of Capturing People’s Attention” by Ben Parr
- “The Willpower Instinct” by Kelly McGonigal
Personal Development Books Reading List Explained
I. The Greatest Salesman in the World
This book makes think about many things, but it is not for those who do not want to make positive changes in their relations or actions.
“Scrolls” appear in the writing as a kind of wealth, a sacrament that leads to success.
There are some recommendations for reading. You have to read every scroll within a month, preferably three times a day. Go to the next one only when you master the previous.
I was able to identify several main goals of it:
– Control over yourself, not to miss a day of scheduled reading, this will soon become a habit and will be easier.
– Finding the basic element, which can be repelled by pushing then reinforcing this knowledge with the help of additional lessons from outside?
II. How To Win Friends and Influence People
In our life not only career growth and success in financial matters, success in interpersonal relations is also important. This book will help with internecine relationships. All about career growth and success in financial matters you will learn from a previous item.
I learned many features of interpersonal relations, and here’s I identified the main thing from it:
– Methods of solving complex conflicts and how to move away from patterns in relationships.
– Features on the way to leadership and do as you feel.
III. Getting Things Done (GTD)
This is an excellent guide. Everyone will be able to discover a methodology increasing personal effectiveness. GTD facilitates this process, based on the storage, tracking, and use of detailed information related to the task.
Things that everyone can get from Getting Things Done after full reading and deepening:
– A look at the “big picture” of their affairs.
– Correct prioritization and awareness that your business was not in vain.
IV. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
It will help to understand and master a new “technology” to solve problems that arise in everyday life, in personal life or in the course of performing job duties in the workplace.
What will be the result after reading?
– Study of the principles and practical skills of the approach presented.
– A balanced and adequate response to non-standard situations.
– Awareness of how in due course use the presented opportunities, extracting from each benefit.
V. Think and Grow Rich
Despite the fact that the book was written almost 100 years ago, it is safe to say that the principles set forth in the book are eternal.
There is no single medicine that would solve all problems in a moment and save from all failures. It is not about how to get rich instantly.
Here are things getting by reading it:
– Understanding that your life and what is happening in it solely depends on you and your thoughts.
– A plan on how to succeed in life and in any business which you undertake.
VI. Screw It Lets Do It
After reading it, I received a huge charge of optimism, wisdom, and faith in your abilities. I could understand that there is no point in being afraid, got to get yourself together and go forward, even with shaky knees.
Important things that I learned:
– Experience and education are not the keys to success.
– Life is short to spend it on things that don’t bring pleasure
– If I like something then do it, if don’t like it don’t hesitate and leave it.
VII. Black Rhetoric
The author of this book is the best in the field of communicative technology in Europe.
The word is the strongest weapon in the world and the “Black Rhetoric” allows the reader to understand this.
After reading this, you will understand:
– How to properly manipulate all rhetorical means and methods to ensure that in the process of negotiations or speech, the opponent or the audience came to the conclusion necessary for you.
– How important the style of discussion and the perception of the situation in the process.
VIII. Everything is Negotiable: How to get the Best Deal Everytime
It shows how deeply embedded in us the long-assimilated, unfortunately incorrect, concepts and principles of the negotiation process. It will destroy common stereotypes.
I learned in the process of reading, and you will learn:
– On the components of the negotiation process, strategic approaches and tactical methods.
– On psychological traps and mistakes in the arrangement of priorities, when conducting a dialogue or a monologue, a presentation.
– Examples of miscalculations and situations that can still be remedied.
IX. Captivology: The Science of Capturing People’s Attention
An extremely important moment in our life is to attract and keep people’s attention, to some things, like information, object, product, service, etc.
After reading, some things became clear and accessible to me:
– The structure of our attention, and practical methods of attracting attention to any audience.
– Problems that may arise in attempts to get the attention of other people. How to correct them, if I have already committed.
X. The Willpower Instinct
When knowing how it works and where can expect a trick. It’s easier to resist temptations and with this book, the all factors will be on my side.
I wrote some abstracts to my notebook and now I look through them from time to time to refresh my memory.
I have learned for myself from this book:
– By willpower, you can be inspired and “catch it” from others. Be carefully choose your environment.
– Willpower needs training.
– Yoga and breathing exercises are extremely useful, it’s necessary to learn proper breathing.
– Don’t focus on failures, only a thoughtful approach can achieve a result.